Things Have Been a Little Ruff...


Well, in the first four weeks at my BDRA foster home, I had four dental surgeries - one each week!  Apparently my mouth was so infected prior to the time I came to BDRA that the stitches from my tooth extractions would not hold.  So, about ten days ago, I went to a soft tissue surgeon who did some skin grafting to patch up the holes in my mouth (so I would not get a terrible infection in my sinuses and beyond).  And I got an esophageal feeding tube for food and my meds.  My foster mom gives me my medication through the tube, and I am eating blended food using my mouth.  So far, so good!  The stitches are holding, and I am being a real trooper, hanging in there, and hoping my mouth will be all healed up soon!

Please send good thoughts my way!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi! I'm Starla, the Chocolate Poodle!

It Has Been a While!