Hi! I'm Starla, the Chocolate Poodle!





















Thank you so much for visiting my blog!  Make sure you read the information on my BDRA page first because that tells a lot about me:

https://www.blinddogrescue.org/dog/starla/

My story before coming to BDRA is a sad one.  No one took care of me for a long time, and I was found wandering alone in a large city.  I can't see or hear so it was extra hard and scary.  I am thankful for the shelter for bringing me to safety and taking care of me until the Blind Dog Rescue brought me to one of their foster homes.

The top left picture is my shelter picture. You can see I am missing some hair on my nose (that should come back with time and good nutrition) but I have lots of hair otherwise!  The picture on the right is my "freedom ride" picture when I was leaving the shelter, on my way to my foster home.  You can see a wound on my shoulder that I kept scratching and then it would bleed.  Thankfully, that has been removed and the area (still stitched up) is almost healed.

I hope you will come back to my blog to see how I am doing. I plan to write in it at least once a week as I wait for the just-right person to ask to adopt me. I am looking for a very special home with someone who wants a very special dog (me!). 

If you have questions or comments, you can add them below.

Thank you!


Comments

  1. I would really like to follow her in eventually maybe adopt her I am looking for an emotional support dog I think we would be good for each other we could be each other's support please let me know her status

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy. Thank you for your interest in Starla! She is a sweet girl. We are still trying to sort out her dental issues so she remains on medical hold. Please read about adopting from the Blind Dog Rescue at https://www.blinddogrescue.org/adoption/info/ and keep checking back! Thank you again!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things Have Been a Little Ruff...

It Has Been a While!